Consider the following scenario:
- You deploy Group Chat in a Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 environment.
- You sign in to the Group Chat Administration Tool, and then you add several distribution lists to the scope of the root category.
- You create a new subcategory under the root category. You add some distribution lists to the scope of the subcategory by using the override option.
- You create a chat room under the subcategory.
- You try to add certain members, managers, or presenters to the chat room. To do this, you perform a search in the search window.
In this scenario, the search window takes at least one minute to return the search results.
This issue occurs because multiple Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) queries are called when the Group Chat Administrator Tool performs an LDAP search. Therefore, a delay occurs when you perform a search in the Active Directory database.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative updates:
Description of the cumulative update for the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Administration Tool: July, 2012
Description of the update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server: July, 2012
Description of the update for Lync 2010 Group Chat: July 2012
For more information about scope and membership, go to the following Microsoft website:
For more information about how to administer Group Chat, go to the following Microsoft website: