When you attempt to print a Web page by using Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5, only the following text may be printed:
1 of 1
This text may be surrounded by a box with a thin black line.
If you use Internet Explorer 6.0, only a portion of the page is printed and that page is typically printed multiple times.
In addition, Web pages may be displayed incorrectly in the Print Preview window.
This issue can occur if the style sheets feature is disabled. If a registry entry called "Use StyleSheets" exists, and is set to "No", then the style sheets feature is disabled.
: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may
require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve
problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own
To enable the use of style sheets either remove the entry named "Use StyleSheets" or change the value from "No" to "Yes" by using the following steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type regedit and click OK.
- Locate and click the following registry key:
- If the Use StyleSheets is displayed in the right pane of Registry Editor perform one of the following steps:
- To remove this key, right-click Use StyleSheets and click Delete.
- Change the value from "No" to "Yes". To do this double-click Use StyleSheets, change "No" to "Yes", and then click OK.
- Close Registry EditorNOTE: If the entry does not exist, you are able to use style sheets.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
For additional information about the style sheets setting, click the article numbers below
to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Unable to Enable or Disable Style Sheets in Internet Explorer
Unable to View Contents After Enabling View as Web Page
Download Button Unavailable on Windows Update Web Site
: It has been noted that IE5.5 would exhibit the same behavior when trying to print an email. To resolve this, removing or changing the Use StyleSheet value from "No" to "Yes" solved the issue.