When you try to install the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Master Data Services Add-in for Microsoft Excel on a computer that is running Microsoft Office 2013, the installation process is unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
These prerequisites are not installed:
64-bit version of Microsoft Excel 2010
All prerequisites can be installed from:
- This issue occurs even if you install Microsoft Excel 2010 alongside Office 2013 on the computer.
- You can install the Master Data Services Add-in for Excel after you uninstall Office 2013.
- This issue does not occur if you install either the 2007 Microsoft Office system or Microsoft Office 2010 instead of Office 2013.
The SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 version for the Master Data Services Add-in for Excel (or a later version of the feature pack) is required for the add-in to work with Office 2013.
You can download the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Master Data Services Add-in For Microsoft Excel from the Microsoft Download Center:
Choose the download that matches the 32-bit or 64-bit nature of the existing Excel 2013 installation.
- For 64-bit Excel, download MasterDataServicesExcelAddin_amd64.msi.
- For 32-bit Excel, download MasterDataServicesExcelAddin_x86.msi.
To determine which version of Excel is installed, start Microsoft Excel, and then create a new workbook. Click File
, click the Account
tab, and then click About Excel
to see the version information.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
The SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 Master Data Services Add-in for Excel is compatible with the 2007 Office system, Office 2010, and Office 2013. It is also compatible with the SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 versions of a Master Data Services server installation.
For more information about the Master Data Services Add-in for Excel, go to the following MSDN website: