Microsoft has released Update Rollup 8 Version 3 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3). This update is dated November 13, 2012. This article describes the following information about the update rollup:
- The issue that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolves
This update rollup is being rereleased to address additional vulnerabilities that were identified in the previous fix for the issue that is described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-058 - Critical
This update replaces the original KB2734323 and KB2756497 updates.
Update rollup information
The update rollup is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Release Date: November 13, 2012Important
- Before you install this update, we recommend that you read the prerequisites, installation instructions, and known issues for the update. For more information, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Before you install an update rollup to clustered mailbox servers, we recommend that you go to the following Microsoft website:
- For more information about the Exchange Server 2007 servicing model, go to the following Microsoft website:
- This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1), or to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2). The series of update rollup packages for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 are independent of the corresponding series of update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM, for Exchange Server 2007 SP1, and for Exchange Server 2007 SP2.
For a list of update rollups that apply to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, to Exchange Server 2007 SP1, or to Exchange Server 2007 SP2, go to the following Microsoft website:
The services that must be restarted are restarted automatically after you apply this update rollup.
To remove Update Rollup 8 Version 3 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3, use the Add or Remove Programs
item in Control Panel to remove update 2778154.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates