Consider the following scenario:
- You have a common area phone that is running Microsoft Lync Phone Edition.
- You sign in to the phone by using a common area phone account.
- The administrator shuts down a Front End server that is connected to the phone. Therefore, you receive the following error message on the phone:
Sign-in Error Cannot assign a certificate to this account. Please contact your support team.
- The administrator restarts the Front End server.
- You wait for several minutes.
In this scenario, the phone does not sign in automatically as expected and you continue to receive the error message.
This issue occurs because there is a problem in the logic that is used to retrieve a new certificate in common area phones. Therefore, the common area phone does not try to reconnect to the Front End server.
To resolve the issue, install the following cumulative updates:
Description of the cumulative update for Lync Phone Edition for Aastra 6721ip and Aastra 6725ip: December 2012
Description of the cumulative update for Lync Phone Edition for HP 4110 and HP 4120: December 2012
Description of the cumulative update for Lync Phone Edition for Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600, and Polycom CX3000 telephones: January 2013
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.