This article describes how Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) and TechNet subscription customers can install and activate Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 on a terminal server.
When you download Office Professional Plus 2013 from MSDN or TechNet on a terminal server, and then you try to install Office Professional Plus 2013 on a terminal server, you receive the following error message:
Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):
This copy of Microsoft Office 2013 cannot be used on a computer running Terminal Services. To use Office 2013 on a computer running Terminal Services, you must use a Volume License edition of Office.
You should not receive an error message in this scenario. To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Click OK after you receive the error message.
- When you are prompted to enter a product key, enter an Office Professional Plus 2013 key that is provided through MSDN or TechNet.
- After the product key is validated, follow the instructions to install Office Professional Plus 2013.
- Verify the activation status. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open an Office Professional Plus 2013 application.
- Click the FILE tab, and then click Account.
- Verify the activation status.