If you have mark one or more Internet Messaging Access Protocol (IMAP) messages for download, the messages do not download when you click the Send/Receive
This behavior occurs when you try to download messages from a folder other than your Inbox folder.
To resolve this behavior and download the messages that you marked for download in folders other than your IMAP server Inbox, you can either add the folders to your Send/Receive Group settings for your IMAP account, or you can manually process the headers while you are in the folder. To do this:
- On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define Send/Receive Groups.
- Select the Send/Receive Group that you would like to configure (the "All Accounts" (without quotation marks) group is created by default), and then click Edit.
- In the Accounts box, click your IMAP account.
- Click to select the folders that you want to include.
- Click OK, and then click Close.
If you do not want to add the folder to your Send/Receive group, you can download the marked headers while you are viewing the contents of the folder from which you would like to download. To do this, on the Tools
menu, point to Send/Receive
, point to Work With Headers
, point to Process Marked Headers From
, and then click This Folder
The default Send/Receive Group settings do the following in your IMAP account:
- Synchronize (download) the headers in your Inbox.
- Obtain the unread message count for all folders.