During the installation of Microsoft Works Suite, you may
receive the following error message:
Error 1327, Invalid
prematurely because of an error.
is the drive letter of a mapped network drive.
This behavior may occur when the following conditions are
- A system folder (for example, My Documents) is mapped to a
network drive that has the Reconnect at logon check box
- The Logon and restore network connections
check box is selected when you log on to Microsoft Windows.
- The system folder on the network drive was not available
when you started Windows.
To work around this behavior, use any of the following
Log on to the computer locally, but do not log on to the network.
Then, install Works Suite.Note
Log on by using this method for all reboots thereafter, during
the installation process. After the installation process is complete, restart
the computer, and log on as you typically would.
Disconnect from the unavailable share, and then reconnect after
you clear the Reconnect at logon
check box. To do this, follow
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
- On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Disconnect Network Drive.
- Click the network drive on which the shell folder is
- On the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive.
- Click to clear the Reconnect at logon
- Type the network path for the location of the shell folder.
- Restart Windows.
Move the system shell folder from the network location to a
location on your computer's hard disk.
You can do this by using the
same method by which the folder was originally moved.
If you have to maintain the Reconnect at logon
option, restart Windows when the network share is available.