When you sign in to Windows 8 on a tablet for the first time, the Touch Keyboard
icon that should be displayed on the taskbar is not displayed.
This issue occurs only on certain devices.
To enable the Touch Keyboard
icon, use one of the following methods:
- Open the desktop, and then press and hold or right-click the taskbar.
- Point to Toolbars.
- Tap or click Touch Keyboard.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
If you are using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Settings.
- Tap or click the Keyboard icon.
- Tap or click Touch keyboard and handwriting panel.
Microsoft is aware of this issue. This article will be updated when a resolution is available.
For more information about how to use the taskbar and touch keyboard, go to the following Microsoft websites: