An unlisted investment is an investment that your MSN Money Investing portfolio cannot track automatically. An example of an investment that MSN Money Investing cannot track is an investment in a privately held company.
This article describes how to add and update unlisted investments to your portfolio.
To add an unlisted investment to your portfolio, follow these steps:
- Open your MSN Money Portfolio Manager, and then select the account that you want to add the investment to.
- In the Common Tasks section, click Work with investments, and then click Record a Buy.
Type a name for the investment, and then click OK.
- The Create New Investment Wizard starts.
Select Other as the type, and then click Next.
- Follow the directions in the wizard to create the investment.
- Fill in the remaining purchase information.
Note Prices for unlisted investments are not automatically updated and quotes are not provided by MSN Money Investing.
You can manually update the price of an unlisted investment to reflect changes in market value when you want. To update an unlisted investment in your portfolio, follow these steps:
- Start Portfolio Manager.
- In the Common Tasks section, click Update prices, and then click Update prices manually.
- Select the investment from the list of investments.
Enter a date and a price.
- Click Update, and then close the Update price dialog box.
The Essentials Portfolio on MSN Money does not support tracking unlisted investments. You must use the Deluxe Portfolio.
For more information about how to switch between the Deluxe Portfolio and the Essentials Portfolio in MSN Money, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to switch between the Deluxe Portfolio and the Essentials Portfolio in MSN Money