This article describes general troubleshooting steps to take when investigating replication issues with Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V).
Common scenarios include:
- Settings replicate from one machine to the Settings Storage Path but not from a second machine.
- Settings have replicated to the Settings Storage Path in the past, but are no longer either uploading or downloading correctly.
- Settings for some applications replicate, but not for other applications.
In general, it is recommended to test settings on at least two separate client computers and optionally two user accounts (computerA and computer, userA and userB in the example below). It is also recommended to investigate using a reference application
such as Notepad for testing. Most commonly, issues will fall in to one of 4 broad scenarios:
- If settings replicate for UserA but not from UserB on the same computer, the problem lies with UserB.
- If settings replicate for neither UserA nor UserB on computerA, but do successfully replicate for both users on computerB, the problem is with computerA.
- If settings do not replicate for either user on either computer, the problem most likely resides in the server hosting the Settings Store Path, or in an infrastructure issue
- If settings replicate for UserA for some applications but not others, the problem most likely resides in the configuration of the problem application's template
Depending on the scenario you are troubleshooting, use the steps below to further investigate the user(s), computer(s), or application template(s) experiencing the issue.
for other considerations.