This article describes a method to add a picture, logo, or
other graphic to every label in a group of labels in Microsoft Word 2002 and in later versions of Microsoft Word.Note
The method described in this article is different from the
method used in earlier versions of Microsoft Word.
Add Graphic to Labels
To add a graphic object to a group of labels, follow these steps:
- Start Word 2002 or Word 2003.
- On the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then
click Mail Merge Wizard.
- In the Mail Merge task pane, click Labels under Select document type.
- Near the bottom of the Mail Merge task pane, click Next: Starting
Note In Word 2003, point to Letters and Mailings on the Tools menu, and then click Mail Merge.
- Follow the instructions in the Mail Merge Wizard until you
get to step 4 of 6.
- In step 4 of 6 of the Mail Merge Wizard, select the first
- On the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click the graphic object type that you want.
- After you insert the graphic object, click Address
block under Arrange your labels.
- Arrange the contents of the first label to appear the way
that you want all of your labels to appear.
- After you arrange the first label, click Update all
labels under Replicate labels.
- Complete the remaining steps in the Mail Merge
For more information about how to create a group of
labels, click Microsoft Word Help
on the Help
menu, type create and print labels for a mass mailing
in the Office Assistant or the Answer Wizard, and then click Search
to view the topics returned.