Assume that you install Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Preview. After 14 days, when you try to open the Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to continue to evaluate Visual Studio, you are required to sign in again. And, you receive the following message:
To work around this issue, you have to sign in to Visual Studio by using a valid Microsoft account. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the upper right-corner of the IDE, click the Sign in link.
- When you are prompted, enter the user name and password of a valid Microsoft account. Or, you can create a valid account.
- Click Sign in.
- Enter basic profile information, and then click Continue.
You can now continue to use Visual Studio without interruption. To keep the IDE preview license up-to-date, Visual Studio periodically checks and requires a connection at least one time every 30 days.Notes
- When you sign in to Visual Studio, you must have an Internet connection in order to download the files that enable Visual Studio to continue to run.
- You are not required to sign in to the IDE in the RTM version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2013. This RTM version has the full license.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.