Microsoft released the 14.3.6 update for Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 on July 16, 2013. This update includes improvements that are mentioned in this article. Additionally, Office for Mac 2011 is now available as a subscription offering. For information about how to subscribe, see Office Frequently Asked Questions
This update provides the latest improvements in Office for Mac 2011. These include the following:
- Message sending in Microsoft Outlook for Mac
This update fixes an issue in which Outlook repeatedly tried to send messages that exceeded certain server-side size limits from the Outbox. Now, messages that exceed these size limits are put in the local Drafts folder after three unsuccessful attempts to send the messages.
- Syncing a folder from which lots of messages were deleted in Outlook for Mac
This update fixes an issue in which syncing a folder from which many messages were deleted on another client frequently caused Microsoft Outlook for Mac to freeze.
- Saving files to a Server Message Block (SMB) share in Microsoft Word for Mac
This update fixes an issue that causes Word to be unable to save files to an SMB share.
Before you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.3.6 update, make sure that you have Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on your computer.
Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system. To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac
on the Apple menu.
To verify that Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then start any Office application. (For example, start Word.)
- On the application menu, click About <application>.
- In the About <application> dialog box, notice the version number that is displayed there. It should be 14.1.0 or a later version number.
How to obtain the update
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.3.6 Update package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Release Date: July 16, 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then, on the File
menu, click Show Files
- The Office for Mac 2011 14.3.6 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up to date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources Office for Mac 2011, go to the following Microsoft website:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.