If you run Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM) 2.0 Setup on a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr) server, the MBAM prerequisite checker fails with the following error message:
Error retrieving Configuration Manager server role settings for 'Reporting Services Point' role
If you have a Configuration Manager topology that includes the Central Administration Site (CAS) role, the Primary Site role or the Secondary Site role, then MBAM 2.0 requires that the Reporting Service Point role be installed on the Configuration Manager Server that has the CAS role installed.
To resolve this issue perform the following steps:1. Install the Reporting Service Point role on the Configuration Manager server that has the CAS role.
For more information see the following:
-Supported Configurations for Configuration Manager
-Install Sites and Create a Hierarchy for Configuration Manager
2. Make sure that the account used to execute MBAM 2.0 setup on the Configuration Manager server has the correct permissions on the server. For more information see Planning to Deploy MBAM with Configuration Manager
When MBAM 2.0 is installed in Configuration Manager Integration topology, MBAM 2.0 prerequisites perform the following checks:
- Check ConfigMgr connectivity
- Check ConfigMgr version
- Check ConfigMgr user permissions
- Check that the ConfigMgr server is considered a primary site system
- Check that the ConfigMgr server has the Desired Configuration Management (DCM) agent enabled
- Check that the ConfigMgr server has the Hardware Inventory agent enabled
- Check that ConfigMgr has SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) integration enabled
- Check SSRS user permissions
- Checking if any ConfigMgr objects are already installed.
For more information see Using MBAM with Configuration Manager
for other considerations.