: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious
problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft
cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry
Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own
To disable the Multimedia
button on an OWA server:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
- Locate the following registry key:
- On the Edit menu, click Add Key, and then add the following registry value:
Key Name: OWA
- Click the OWA key. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value to the OWA key:
Value Name: DisableMultimedia
Data Type: DWORD
- Click Start, point to Program Files, click Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- Right-click World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC), click Restart, and then click OK.