This article describes how to configure your Web server for
Usage Analysis processing, so that this information is available in the
Microsoft FrontPage 2002 client.
This information applies only to
Microsoft Windows-based Web servers that are running either SharePoint Team
Services from Microsoft or FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions from Microsoft, as
well as Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP
Configure Usage Analysis Processing on a Web Server
Usage scheduling is set up through SharePoint Team Services Site
Administration or FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions. To do this, follow these
- Open Control Panel and then double-click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click the Microsoft SharePoint Administrator icon to open the administration Web page.
- Click the Administration link for the virtual Web that you want to configure.
- Click Go to Site administration for
http://server name link.
- In the Configure Usage Analysis Settings
section, click the Change usage analysis settings
Note The default settings for Usage Analysis in either SharePoint
Team Services or FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions are:
Usage Analysis does not run until the first Sunday after a
full day of log information is collected for the virtual Web in
- Usage Analysis: On
- Recurrence settings: Weekly
- Time: 12:00 am
- Weekday: Sunday
- Additional Usage Analysis Settings:
- Automatically delete stored usage data
after 12 months: Selected
- Process log file data for full days
- Set Usage Analysis processing to the levels that you want,
and then click Submit.
Note Only an administrator can change these settings, and the
settings must be set individually for each virtual server.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Lists of components in FrontPage 2002 that require FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
How to start Usage Analysis processing on an IIS Web server