After you install Windows XP, you have the option to create user accounts. If you create user accounts, by default, they will have an account type of Administrator with no password.
To change the security levels and assign passwords to these accounts:
- Log on as a user that will continue to have administrative privileges.
- In Control Panel, double-click Users.
- Click Change an account.
- Click the user account that you want to modify.
- Click Change Account Type.
- Click the type of account that you want to have for this user account.
- Click the Change Account Type button.
- To assign a password to this account, click Create a password.