Microsoft Customer Service and Support is available to help you with questions about Microsoft products and services. When you contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support, a customer service representative can help you in the following ways:
- Customer service: Help locate the appropriate resource or team to answer questions
- Technical support: Provide support options and locate the appropriate support team to resolve technical support issues
When to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support
If you have general customer service questions, a customer service representative can help you by locating the appropriate answers or resources. Depending on the issue, you may be directed to a team that specializes in a particular area. Or, you may be directed to a Web site that answers your question.
If you want technical support for a Microsoft product, a customer service representative can help you determine what support options are available. These may include self-help and assisted support. The representative may request the product identification number or the product key to determine the warranty status and version of the product.
Assisted support methods vary by product and may include telephone, chat, or e-mail. The representative can explain the methods and hours that support is available for the product. To check the options that are available, visit the following Web site, and then select a product from the list:
Contact hardware and software vendors
If the Microsoft software came preinstalled by the computer manufacturer, you may be redirected to the manufacturer to determine whether support is available through them.
If your technical issue involves a non-Microsoft product, you may be directed to contact the vendor of that product.
For information about how to contact hardware and software vendors, visit the following Web site:
Or, visit the following Microsoft Web site to find the computer manufacturers' contact information:
Contact information and hours of operation
- To contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support, telephone (800) MICROSOFT (642-7676).
- In Canada, call (877)568-2495.
- Microsoft Customer Service hours of operation:
- Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM Pacific Time
- Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM Pacific Time
You can also contact Microsoft Support by email and chat, visit the following Microsoft Website for details: