Support personnel and network administrators can use the Windows 2000 Support Tools to help manage their networks and troubleshoot problems. Note that you should install the Windows 2000 Support Tools before you contact Microsoft for support. This article describes how to install the Windows 2000 Support Tools to a Windows 2000 Server-based computer.
Install Windows 2000 Support Tools
To install the Windows 2000 Support Tools:
- Start Windows 2000. Note that you must log on as a member of the administrator group to install these tools.
- Insert the Windows 2000 CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive.
- Click Browse this CD, and then open the Support\Tools folder.
- Double-click Setup.exe, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
The following tools are included with Windows 2000:
If you experience trouble during the installation of programs an update for the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is available.
- Download, install, and then run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to remove the Windows Installer registry settings associated with your products installation.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
- To use the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Installer Clean Up.
- Select the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- Click OK, and then click Exit.
Note Because the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility removes Windows Installer related registry settings, and it does not remove the program files, make sure that you install your program in the same folder where it was originally installed in to prevent duplication of files on your hard disk.