When you start one of the Microsoft Office programs that is listed in the "Applies to" section, the Activation Wizard
box appears, but then the wizard stops responding (hangs). The only text that appears is the following:
Please wait while the wizard initializes...
This behavior may occur if the Windows Script files for
your computer are missing or are damaged (corrupted).
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
- Close the Activation Wizard dialog
- Quit all Office programs.
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- In the Recommended Downloads section, click Microsoft Windows Script.
- Depending on your operating system, click one of the
- Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000
- Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP
- Click Download.
- Click Open to start the
After the Windows Script files update is completed, start any