When you double-click a file, the Microsoft Windows Picture and Fax
Viewer may start instead of the program that you expect to start.
This issue may occur if all the following conditions are
- The file has the file extension ".png."
- The file was created in one of the products listed in the "Applies to" section.
- Your computer is running the Microsoft Windows XP operating
Although Windows XP shows the correct file association with the
.png format, the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer may start anyway.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Right-click the file, point to Open With, and then click Choose Program.
Note Make sure that the Microsoft Picture It! program that you want is
- Click Always use the selected program to open this
kind of file.
- Click OK.