Under the following conditions, you may receive an "'all.part2' is null or not an object" script error message, and the information-collection process may stop:
- Your Windows XP-based computer has a Memory Stick device.
- You completed the following steps to view hardware information about your computer:
- Click Start, and then click Help and Support.
- Click Use Tools to view your computer information and diagnose problems, and then click My Computer Information.
- Click Find information about the hardware installed on this computer.
The information-collection process may stop when:
- You see a "Please wait while information is being collected" message.
- The information-collection process is collecting local disk information.
- The progress bar is at 9 percent.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Obtain the Latest Windows XP Service Pack
The English version of this fix should have the following file attributes or later:
Date Time Size File name
12-DEC-2001 13:24 27,032 Syscomponentinfo.js
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Windows XP Service Pack 1.