When you attempt to search the online Proxy Server documentation, you may receive the following error message in your Web browser:
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services
The Internet Information Services (IIS) Lockdown Wizard is installed on the server. By default, the Internet Server Application Programming Interface (ISAPI) extension that allows you to search documents from a Web page is disabled after the tool is installed.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps to reenable the .idq extension for the default Web site:
- Download and apply the fix that is available in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
MS01-044: Patch available for SSI privilege elevation vulnerability
- Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) that contains the IIS snap-in.
- Right-click the default Web site, and then click Properties.
- On the Home Directory tab, double-click Configuration. In the Application Mappings box, double-click .idq.
- Change the executable (.exe) file path to the following, and then click OK:
- Open Windows Explorer, and then browse to %systemroot%/system32.
- Right-click Idq.dll, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, add Read permissions for the Administrators group.
This behavior is by design.
Because of recent attacks on the .idq extension, the IIS Lockdown Wizard remaps the application mapping for the .idq extension that uses Idq.dll to allow searching through Index Server to 404.dll.