If you try to use the Office Address Book after you upgrade to any of the programs listed in the "Applies To" section, the Office Address Book may be empty. Entries that existed before you upgraded may no longer be visible.
This behavior occurs if both of the following conditions are true:
- You upgrade from Microsoft Office 2001, Microsoft Excel 2001 for Mac, or Microsoft Word 2001 for Mac.
- You have not used Microsoft Entourage X for Mac.
The Address Book Import Wizard runs when Entourage is run for the first time. Until the Office Address Book is imported into the new format, the addresses are not available to Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
To upgrade the Office Address Book, follow these steps:
- If you have not yet installed Entourage, do so now.
- Start Entourage.
- On the File menu, click Import.
- Click to select the Import information from a program check box, and then click the right arrow.
- Click to select the Microsoft Entourage 2001 check box, and then click the right arrow.
- Follow the remaining steps in the Entourage Import Wizard to import the Office 2001 Address Book.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
For additional information about how to import address books, click the article number below
to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MacWDX: Word X Imports the Address Book from a Version of Word Earlier Than Word 2001