When you start your Windows XP-based computer, the System
Configuration Utility (Msconfig) also starts. If you click Normal Mode
on the General
tab and then restart your computer, the behavior is not resolved.
This behavior occurs because there are some services and
programs that remain unchecked even after you choose the Normal Startup
To resolve this behavior:
- Restart the computer.
- Close the System Configuration utility.
- Click Start, click Run, type msconfig in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
- Click Enable All on the Startup tab.
- Click the Services tab, and then verify that the Enable All check box is not available. If this check box is available, click
to select it.
- Click OK, and then restart your computer.