If you attempt to address a new message from your Contacts,
you may receive the following error message:
list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address
list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have
permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook
Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help.
This behavior can occur if the Microsoft Outlook Address
Book is damaged.
To resolve this issue, remove and reinstall the Outlook
Address Book. To do this:
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
- Click View or change existing directories or
address books, and then click Next.
- Click Outlook Address Book, and then click Remove.
- Click Yes when you receive the prompt to confirm the removal.
- Click Add.
- Click Additional Address Books, and then click Next.
- Click Outlook Address Book, and then click Next.
- Click OK when you receive the message to restart Outlook.
- Click Finish.
- Click Exit on the File menu to quit Outlook.
- Restart Outlook.
- In the Folder list, right-click the folder that you want to
use with the Address Book (for example, right-click Contacts), and then click Properties.
- Click the Outlook Address Book tab.
- Click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail
Address Book check box (if it is not already selected), and then click
For additional information about how to
troubleshoot the Address Book in Outlook, click the following article number to
view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Contact information does not appear in Address Book
For additional information about user profiles and
information services in Outlook, click the following article number to view the
article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
User profiles and information services