When you use My Accounts in MSN Money, you may not be able to update your account, and you may receive the following error message, where bank_name
is the name of your financial institution:
We were unable to update your account because your financial institution
indicated that our copy of your bank_name logon information is incorrect.
Some possible explanations for this are:
If you recently changed your logon information at your financial
institution's Web site, MoneyCentral does not automatically receive the
change. Use the link below to supply the up-to-date logon information.
It's possible that you're receiving this message in error. Verify your
logon information is correct by logging into your financial
institution's Web site using the link on the right side of this page.
When you're sure you know the correct logon information, use the link
below to verify or update your FI logon information at MoneyCentral. If
you continue to receive this error but you know your logon information
is correct, inform Technical Support of the problem.
To resolve this issue, remove your accounts from MSN Money, and then add the accounts again. To do this, follow these steps.Warning
If you synchronize your accounts with Microsoft Money 2001 or later (that is, you have turned on Web Access
in Microsoft Money), make sure to turn off synchronization before you remove the account from MSN Money.
- Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Open the MSN Money Home page:
- Click My Accounts.
- Sign in to your Microsoft Passport Network account when you are prompted to do so.
Note If you are not prompted to sign in, sign out of Passport Network account then sign in again to make sure that you have been correctly authenticated.
- On the Manage All Accounts page, click Remove.
- Select your account from the list, and then click Remove.
- On the Manage All Accounts page, click Add.
- On the Add an Account page, click Banking.
- Click your financial institution in the list.
- On the Sign-in Information pane, enter your financial institution online access information, and then click Continue.
The Obtaining your Accounts screen appears, and your browser may remain here for a few minutes.Note
Obtaining your account information can take some time. You may want to return to MSN Money in a few hours or the next day to see your accounts.
The Account Details screen appears. The Account Details screen displays your account activity.