After you upgrade from Microsoft Windows 98 to Windows XP, you may not be able to save images from a Web site through America Online (AOL).
When you try to save an image, the .jpg file type does not appear in the Save As
This behavior may occur when AOL's graphic compression option is turned on. When this option is on, the images are saved as the .art file type.
To resolve this issue, turn off graphic compression. To do this, follow these steps:
- Connect to the Internet through AOL, and then visit the following AOL Web site:
- Click My AOL.
- On the Settings menu, click Preferences.
- In the Preferences dialog box, click Internet Options (WWW).
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click to clear the Always Compress Graphics dialog box.
- Click to select the Never Compress Graphics dialog box.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.