you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 to visit a Web site that contains a link
to an Encapsulated PostScript (.eps) file or to an Adobe Illustrator (.ai) file, and then you click that link to download the file, Internet Explorer may
change the file name extension to .ps.
This problem occurs because the MIME type for PostScript is
set to PS. EPS files use this MIME type.
Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps to modify the registry:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- In the right pane, click Extension.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- Type .eps, and then press ENTER.
Note If you use an .ai file, type .ai instead of .eps.
- Quit Registry Editor.