Program icons within program groups in Program Manager cannot be rearranged
within the group window using a keyboard. This can only be accomplished
using a mouse.
You can move a program icon from one program group to another using the
keyboard, but it is not possible to rearrange an icon within the group
window using the keyboard.
Use the following keyboard procedure to move a program icon from one
program group to another:
- Using the arrow keys, highlight the icon to be moved.
- Press ALT+F to open the File menu.
- Press M to choose Move.
- Press ALT+DOWN ARROW to expand the To-group destination and select the
program group you want to move the icon to.
- Press ENTER.
To simulate the reorganization of icons within a group:
- From the Options menu choose Auto Arrange.
- Create a new group.
- Copy the icons to the new group (using the F8 key) in the order you want
- Delete the original icons and group.
- Rename the new group if desired.
You can also work around this problem by installing the Trace Access Pack
for Windows. You can then use the number pad to control the mouse. For more
information about obtaining the Trace Access Pack for Windows, query on the
following words in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
trace and access and pack and windows