When you install Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, or Microsoft Office 2003, the Setup program
removes all the standard components from Microsoft Office XP that were
installed on your computer. This includes the Microsoft Photo Editor
Microsoft has replaced Photo Editor with Microsoft Office Picture
Manager, a new photo editing
and cataloging program in Office 2010, in Office 2007, and in Office 2003.
To work around this issue, reinstall Photo Editor. To do
this, follow these steps:
- Insert the Microsoft Office XP CD-ROM into your computer's
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
- If the Office XP Setup program does not start
automatically, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click
- In the Open box, type
drive is the letter of your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
- Start to step through the Setup process,
and then select Customize for the type of Setup to
- When you reach the Selecting Features
step, set each node of the Setup tree to Not
- Under Features to install, expand
- Click Microsoft Photo Editor, and then
click Run from My Computer.
- Click Install Now.
- Click OK when Office XP Setup has
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.