When you start one of the Microsoft Encarta products listed in the "Applies to" section, one or more of the following symptoms may occur:
- A blank screen appears upon Startup.
- You receive an error message that is similar to the
following, although Shockwave is installed on your computer:
The Shockwave animation player is not installed on your
- You receive one of several script error
This issue occurs when Shockwave was not installed
correctly. Generally, this behavior occurs if Shockwave was already installed
on your computer before you installed the Encarta product. However, the program
that installed Shockwave did not install a complete version of the
To resolve this issue, remove Shockwave, and then reinstall
Shockwave from the Encarta CD-ROM or DVD. To do so, follow these steps.
- Click Start, and then click
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the list of installed programs, click
Shockwave, and then click
- Follow the instructions on the screen to remove
Reinstall Shockwave from the Encarta Software
- Insert the Encarta installation software CD-ROM or
- Locate your CD-ROM or DVD drive, right-click your CD-ROM or
DVD drive, and then click Explore.
- Double-click Setup.
- In the Encarta Setup Wizard, click
- Click Repair, and then click
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the
- Start Encarta.
If you do not have access to the Encarta software, visit the
following Macromedia Web site to download and install the most recent version
provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support.
This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not
guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by
companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty,
implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these