When you try to save changes that you made to a Microsoft
Office OneNote 2003 file that you previously saved, you may receive the
following error message:
OneNote cannot access this
file to save your
You can try to access the original file again, save your changes to a
new file, or discard your changes.
This problem may occur when all the following conditions
- The file (for example, Test.one) is stored on a Microsoft
Windows SharePoint Services Web site.
- The file (Test.one) is opened on Computer A.
- On Computer B, you save a local section of your OneNote
2003 file (on the File menu, click Save As)
as the same file (Test.one) that exists on the Windows SharePoint Services Web
site and is open on Computer A.
- You make changes to the file (Test.one on Computer B) and
then quit OneNote 2003.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Service Pack 1.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of OneNote 2003 Service Pack 1
To work around this problem, you can only save the changes
to the file from one computer. To save the changes that you want to keep,
follow these steps:
- On each computer where the file is open, on the
File menu, click Exit.
- If you are prompted to save or discard the changes, do the
- On the computer that contains the changes that you do
not want to keep, click Discard.
- On the computer that contains the changes that you want
to keep, click Save.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
This problem was first corrected in OneNote 2003 Service Pack 1.