If you try to open the Calendar, Contacts, or the Tasks and Notes folders in an MSN e-mail account with Microsoft Office Outlook, you may receive the following error message:
Microsoft Office Outlook Connector for MSN is limited to paying MSN Subscribers. Do you want to subscribe now?
If you click No
in the error message and then try to access the Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes again, you do not receive the error message again unless you restart Outlook.
This behavior occurs because the Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes folders in your Hotmail or MSN e-mail account require a subscription to Outlook Live or MSN Premium. You may have more than one Hotmail or MSN e-mail account in your profile and still be able to synchronize your e-mail folders. However, to use Calendar, Contacts, or the Tasks and Notes folders in Outlook, you must have a subscription for Outlook Live or MSN Premium.Note
When you install Office Outlook Connector for MSN, any accounts that use an HTTP connection will be automatically converted to use the Outlook Connector.
To resolve this behavior, add the non-Premium MSN account as a secondary account to associate the non-Premium MSN account with a Premium MSN account. You can add as many as 10 additional accounts.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Log on to MSN Explorer as the account manager. Note that only the account manager can add or can remove member accounts.
- On the Help & Settings menu, click Accounts and Billing.
- Click Add Member Accounts.
- Click Next, and then follow the steps that are in the wizard to add your non-Premium MSN account.
- Restart Outlook, and then access the Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes folders in your non-Premium MSN account.
This resolution does not work if you have an Hotmail Extra Storage subscription.