When you open a program, it may not retain the view settings that you selected the last time that you exited the program.
This issue occurs because Windows-based programs contain program-specific settings that determine the window state when the program starts. Typically, the window setting for a shortcut to a Windows-based program starts the program in its default window state. The default setting was not modified to retain your selection.
To select the window size for a program when you start the program:
- Close all the instances of the program for which you want to modify the window size.
- Click Start, point to All Programs, right-click the program that you want to change the window size for, and then click Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab.
- In the Run box, click one of the following preferences:
- Click Normal window if you want the program to start in a standard window size.
- Click Minimized if you want the program to appear as a button on the taskbar.
- Click Maximized if you want the program to appear full-screen when it starts.
- Click OK.
- To test the new settings, start the program.