The following article details the steps that you must follow to add a new company to a new Microsoft Dynamics SL application database that uses an existing Microsoft Dynamics SL system database.
To create a new company in a new application database and attach it to an existing system database, follow these steps:
- Create an additional empty application database in the Database Maintenance (98.290.00) screen. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log on to Database Maintenance.
- Under Scenarios on the Create Databases tab, select the Additional Empty Application Database option.
- Click Advanced.
- Under Application Database Definition, type the new application database name in the Database Name box.
- Click OK, and then click Create.
In the System Database Name box, select the name of the system database to which you want to link the new application database, and then click OK.
- After the process is complete, close the Database Maintenance (98.290.00) screen.
- Create a new company in the new application database. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log on to an existing company in Microsoft Dynamics SL.
- Open the Company Maintenance (98.280.00) screen. To do this, use the method that applies for the version of Microsoft Dynamics SL:
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0 and later versions
Click Administration. Then, in the Administration details pane, click Company Maintenance under Maintenance.
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 6.5 and earlier versions
On the Utility menu, click Company Maintenance.
- Specify the following values on a new line:
- Company ID: The company ID
- Company Name: The company name
- Database Name: Press F3, and then select the database that you created in step 1.
- Address: The address
- City: The city
- State/Province: The state or the province
- Postal Code: the ZIP code or the postal code
- Country/Region: The country or the region
- Click Save, and then close the Company Maintenance (98.280.00) screen.
- Log on to the new database in Microsoft Dynamics SL.
For more information, see the Microsoft Dynamics SL Installation Guide (SL_Install.pdf). By default, this file is located on the Microsoft Dynamics SL installation CD.