Microsoft has released the Microsoft Project Server 2002 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package for Microsoft Project Server 2002. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use any one of the hotfixes in the package
- A SQL stored procedure update that you must run to install all Project Server updates
- The files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Microsoft Project Server 2002 issues that are fixed in the Microsoft Project Server 2002 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated August 30, 2004.
Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
The following issues are fixed in this hotfix package but were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you create a new task in Microsoft Project Web Access when the Show Scheduled Work or Show Overtime Work options are turned on, Project Web Access quits unexpectedly. The issue occurs for users who do not have task assignments on their timesheet.
- When you use Project Web Access to add issues to project plans, you may receive the following error message:
An Unknown Error occurred in updating the database
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that is described in this article. Only apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Microsoft Project 2002 Server service pack that contains this hotfix.
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note
In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
- This hotfix is a post-Microsoft Project Server 2002 Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Microsoft Project Server 2002 SP1 installed.
For more information about Microsoft Project Server 2002 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Project Server 2002 Service Pack 1
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to activate any hotfixes that are contained in this package.
A SQL stored procedure update that you must run to install all Project Server updates
To make sure that all the fixes that this update contains are applied correctly on Project Server 2002, follow these steps:
- Run the self-extracting package to extract the files to a temporary folder that you select.
- For each SQL query file, such as Websps.sql, that is extracted to the temporary folder that you selected in step 1, use one of the following procedures:
- If you are using Microsoft SQL Server as the back end for Project Server 2002, follow these steps:
- On the main SQL server in your configuration, run SQL Query Analyzer.
- In the Database box, click the ProjectServer database.
- On the File menu, click Open, locate the SQL query file in the temporary folder that you selected in step 1, and then open the file.
- On the Query menu, click Execute.
- When the query has finished executing, you can quit SQL Query Analyzer.
- If you are using SQL Server Desktop Engine (also known as MSDE 2000) as the back end for Project Server 2002, follow these steps:
- On the main SQL server in your configuration, click Start, click Run, type osql -i tempdir\queryfile.sql -U sa in the Open box, and then click OK.
For example, if you extracted the files in step 1 to the C:\Temp folder, and the name of the query file is Websps.sql, type osql -i c:\temp\websps.sql -U sa.
This command connects you to the local default instance of MSDE 2000 by using the System Administrator (SA) account. You can also run the osql command with another user name that has SA permissions on the server.
- At the Password prompt, type the password for the account that you used in step a, and then press ENTER. The SQL query file that you specified in step a runs.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
30-Aug-2004 19:38 2,807,808 Projectserver2002-kb883937-fullfile.msp
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this fix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name
27-Aug-2004 22:40 611 Build.inc
16-Jul-2004 18:42 24,992 Mansts.asp
22-Apr-2004 15:47 10.2104.0.422 658,160 Pds.dll
22-Apr-2004 16:37 10.0.2104.1422 899,920 Pj10od10.dll
22-Apr-2004 15:47 10.0.2104.1422 265,456 Pj10tm10.dll
30-Aug-2004 18:42 1,336,992 Pjclient.cab
22-Apr-2004 15:47 10.0.2104.1422 240,880 Pjsvrsec.dll
22-Apr-2004 15:47 10.0.2104.1422 904,432 Pjsvrutl.dll
16-Jul-2004 18:43 9,190 Rmndfunc.asp
30-Aug-2004 17:45 1,106,847 Websps.sql
For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For more information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates