After you install Microsoft Works 7.0 or a later version and then try to check the spelling of an e-mail message in Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0, the Spelling
command on the Tools
menu is not available.
This issue occurs because Outlook Express 6.0 uses the spelling checker that is installed with the following Microsoft Office programs:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling
command is not available.
To resolve this issue, install one of the following programs:
- Microsoft Works Suite 2003 or a later version
- Microsoft Office XP or a later version
- Microsoft Word 2002 a later version
- Microsoft Excel 2002 a later version
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 a later version