This article describes the fixes and updates that are contained in the Microsoft .
This article describes the issues that are resolved by the . The update also provides driver support for the Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Center Edition.
The following issues are resolved by this update:
- When you disconnect a USB drive that is connected to the same USB hub as the eHome infrared receiver, unexpected behavior may occur. For example, the remote or USB devices on the same USB hub as the drive may no longer work correctly. To work around this problem, first disable the USB drive before you disconnect it. To do this, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the notification area, and then click Safely Remove USB drive.
- After you upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, you cannot use the remote to put the computer on standby. To work around this problem, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Use the mouse to put the computer on standby To put the computer on standby by using the mouse, follow these steps:
Note You can use the remote to resume the computer from standby.
- Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
- In the Shut Down Windows dialog box, select Stand by in the options list, and then click OK.
Method 2: Reinstall the IR transceiver driverRemove the infrared (IR) transceiver driver from Windows Device Manager to force Windows to reinstall the driver. You do not have to restart the computer when you perform this procedure. To remove the IR transceiver driver from Windows Device Manager, follow these steps:
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
- Expand Human Interface Devices.
- Double-click Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver.
- On the Driver tab, click Uninstall, and then click OK
- Disconnect the IR receiver from the computer.
- Wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the IR receiver. Windows automatically detects the receiver and installs the correct driver.
This update also adds driver support for the new Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Center. There is no software included with the keyboard. While the basic functions of the keyboard will work without this update, you must install this update to use all the available features on the keyboard.
For more information about the Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Center, visit the following Microsoft Web page:
This update is included in Update Rollup 2 for eHome Infrared Receiver for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update Rollup 2 for eHome Infrared Receiver for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Media Center Technical Support
Because Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition was included with your hardware device or system, the hardware manufacturer provides technical support and assistance for this software. Your manufacturer may have customized the installation with unique components such as specific device drivers and optional settings to maximize the performance of that manufacturer's hardware. If you require technical help with Windows XP Media Center Edition, contact your manufacturer directly because the manufacturer is best qualified to support the software that the manufacturer has installed on the hardware.