When you try to start the Microsoft Works Calendar, the Calendar
may stop responding. Additionally, you may receive the following error message:
This program can no longer run.
This issue may occur if you have recently upgraded to
Microsoft Works 8.0 or to Microsoft Works Suite 2005. After you upgrade to Works 8.0 or Works Suite 2005, when you try to
start the Calendar, the Calendar may try to open the calendar database from an
earlier version of Microsoft Works.
To resolve this issue, rename and
replace your calendar database with a new copy from the Works CD.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Insert the Works 8.0 CD or Works Suite 2005 CD 1 into your
CD drive or DVD drive.
- Open the following folder in Microsoft Windows Explorer:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Works
- Rename the Mswkscal.wcd file, to
- On the CD, open one of the following folders:
- Right-click the Mswkscal.wcd file, and then
- Open the following folder:
Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Works
- On the Edit menu, click
- Right-click the Mswkscal.wcd file, and then click
- On the General tab, click to clear the
Read Only check box, and then click OK.