Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac does not include all the templates that are available in earlier versions of Microsoft Office for Mac. These additional templates are now available on the Microsoft Mactopia Web site:
You can add new templates to the Project Gallery in Office 2004 for Mac. To do this, directly download the template into the appropriate template folder or into a custom folder that you create.
By default, all templates appear in the Project Gallery on the New
tab. By default, you save them to the following location: Macintosh HD : Applications : Microsoft Office 2004 : Templates
In the Templates folders, there are different folders for each category and for each subcategory that is listed on the Designs
tab. This structure is replicated on the Mactopia Web site.
To download a template and to have this template available in Project Gallery, follow these steps:
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Click the link for the template subcategory that you want to download.
- Right-click the Download now link for the template that you want to download. Then, click Download to Disk.
- Locate the Templates folder for Office 2004 for Mac, open the category folder, and then open the subcategory folder for this template.
If this subcategory folder does not exist, follow these steps:
- Click New Folder.
- Type the subcategory name, and then click Create.
- Make sure that the file name of the template ends with the file name extension ".dot." If the template has a long file name, the file name extension may be truncated.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for any additional templates that you want to download.
When you use Project Gallery, the new subcategories and templates will now appear on the New