This article describes how to modify the existing opening-balance
journal entry of an account if the opening balance was incorrectly entered in Microsoft Office Accounting Express, in Microsoft Office Accounting Professional, or in Microsoft Office
Small Business Accounting.
To modify the existing opening-balance
journal entry, follow these steps:
- Point to Company Lists on the Company menu, and then click Chart of Accounts.
- Double-click the account to open the account
register for that account.
- Double-click the Opening Balance
transaction to view the Journal Entry form.
- On the toolbar, click Edit.
- Change the amounts in the Debit box and in the Credit box for the opening balance. Make sure that the
debits are equal to the credits.
- Click Save and Close.
For more information about how to create new accounts, see
the "Add an account" topic in Accounting Express Help, in Accounting Professional Help, or in Small Business Accounting