An update to the Web Project Conversion Wizard in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 is available.
The Web Project Conversion Wizard is updated to handle newly discovered conversion issues. This update improves the success rate of the wizard and makes it easier for you to convert Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Web projects to the new Visual Studio 2005 Web site project model. This update includes the following improvements:
- The ability to exclude files that were previously excluded in Visual Studio .NET 2003 is added.
- The ability to access protected, autogenerated control variables is added.
- The ability to update converted assembly references when the Web project is built is added.
- The renaming of the .aspx files and the .ascx files to lowercase letters is fixed.
- The logic that is used to detect and not convert previously converted files is improved.
- The ConversionReport.txt file is renamed the ConversionReport.webinfo file.
- More detail is added to the messages for file parsing errors.
- The conversion of user controls that use base classes is improved.
To obtain this update, visit the following Microsoft Download Center Web site:
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.