If you are using a Windows XP-based computer,
the computer may run slowly. Additionally, you may see the following
symptoms in Windows Task Manager:
- The current CPU utilization is high.
- The size of the pagefile may be as large as 1.2 GB or
- The Cidaemon.exe process uses lots of pagefile
space and lots of CPU time.
This issue can occur if the Indexing service is running on
the computer. The Indexing service uses the Cidaemon.exe process to index
files. The Cidaemon.exe process builds and updates the Index catalog.
Additionally, the Cidaemon.exe process typically uses lots of
pagefile space and lots of CPU time.
To resolve the issue, turn off the Indexing service. To turn off the Indexing service, follow these steps:
- Double-click My Computer, point to Explorer Bar on the View menu, and then click Search.
- Click Change
preferences, and then click Without Indexing
- Click No, do not enable Indexing
Service, and then click OK.