Consider the following scenario:
- You are using a Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC 2005-based Tablet PC.
- The Tablet PC is running Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 common language runtime (CLR 2.0).
- You try to use the ink collection for the Tablet PC and managed objects in a Windows Form.
In this scenario, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Some ink programs may not be able to copy and paste digital ink to and from the Clipboard.
- Some ink programs that group ink strokes as words may not group correctly.
- Some ink programs that you use may close unexpectedly.
This problem occurs because the Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) version of the Microsoft.Ink.dll file is not compatible with Visual Studio 2005 CLR 2.0.
To resolve this problem, install the latest update for the Microsoft.Ink.dll file from Microsoft.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft download center:
Download the 900722 package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates