When you try to install Microsoft Works, Microsoft Student, or Microsoft Encarta, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly
2",processor Architecture="x86". Please refer to help and support for more
information. HRESULT 0x8007001F.
This problem occurs because of certain third-party programs and background programs that are running on the computer. For example, this problem may be caused by programs such as WinTools, WinEasy, WebSearch, Easy Installer, System Mechanic,
HP Component Manager.
To resolve this problem, use the following methods in the order that they are presented.
Method 1: Remove the program
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Remove the program from the computer by using an anti-spyware program. If you do not have an anti-spyware program, you can download the Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware program. To download the AntiSpyware program, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Under Currently installed programs and updates, see whether the following programs are listed:
If one or more of these programs are listed, click to select the program, and then click Change/Remove. Click Yes if you are prompted to confirm the removal. Follow the instructions on the screen to remove the program.
- Easy Installer
- System Mechanic
- HP Component Manager
- Delete the temporary files on the computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type cd\windows\temp, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type del *.tmp, and then press ENTER.
- Empty the Recycle Bin. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the desktop, double-click Recycle Bin.
- On the File menu, click Empty Recycle Bin.
- Reinstall Works, Student, or Encarta.
Method 2: Set Ad Aware to manual mode and quit Ad-Watch
If following the steps in the "Method 1: Remove the program" section does not resolve the problem, and if Ad Aware is installed on the computer, set Ad Aware to manual mode, and then quit Ad-Watch. To do this, follow these steps:
- Set Ad-Watch to manual mode.
Note You must perform this step.
- Quit Ad-Watch.
- Install Works, Student, or Encarta.
- Restart Ad-Watch.
- Accept the changes that Ad-Watch detects as they appear on the screen.