Consider the following scenario:
- You connect to a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 website or a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 website.
- You view a list.
- You try to view the list in Datasheet view.
In this scenario, you cannot view the list in Datasheet View as expected.
This behavior occurs if one or more if the following conditions are true:
- A datasheet component that is compatible with Windows SharePoint Services is not
- A Microsoft Office 2003 Professional edition is not installed on the computer.
- The Web browser does not support ActiveX controls.
- Support for ActiveX controls is disabled.
This behavior is by design.
For information about an issue in which you can view a list in Datasheet View after you install the 64-bit version of Office 2010, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:2266203
You cannot view a list in Datasheet view after you install the 64-bit version of Office 2010