This may happen if the update isn’t installed correctly the first time, or if your Windows Update settings can't detect the update.
If you keep seeing the same update being offered for installation, try to install the update later.
You may also want to check your update history to see whether there are any error messages. Then, you can search for any errors that you find by going to the following Microsoft website:
To check your update history, follow these steps. For Windows 8
For Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- Swipe in from the right side to view the charms, tap or click Search, and then type View Update History.
- Tap or click Settings, and then select View update history.
- Tap or click Status to sort by status, and then look for any updates that have a status of "Failed."
- Tap-and-hold or right-click an update that has a status of "Failed," and then select View Details. The window that opens displays the error code for that update.
- Start Windows Update. To do this, click Start, type Update in the search box, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the navigation pane, click View update history.
- Click Status to sort by status, and then look for any updates that have a status of "Failed."
- Right-click an update that has a status of "Failed," and then select View Details. The window that opens displays the error code for that update.
If this problem persists, post this issue to the Microsoft Communities
You can also check the telephone number to contact Microsoft Support
for help. Charges may apply.
Click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Error code "0x80070643” or "0x643" occurs when you install the .NET Framework updates