Consider the following scenario. You want to import an Open Financial Exchange (OFX) file into Microsoft Office Accounting Professional or into Microsoft Office Accounting Express. When you download the OFX file from a bank's Web site, you are not prompted to save the OFX file to the computer.
This problem occurs if Microsoft Money is installed on the computer.
To resolve this problem, change the settings for how OFX files are saved when you download OFX files. To do this, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Windows Vista
- Click Start.
- Click Default Programs.
- Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- In the Name column, click .ofx, and then click Change program.
- Click Browse.
- Locate one of the following folders.
Then, click the SBA.exe file.
- For Microsoft Office Accounting 2009:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Small Business\Office Accounting 2009
- For Microsoft Office Accounting 2008:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Small Business\Office Accounting 2008
- For Microsoft Office Accounting 2007:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Small Business\Small Business Accounting 2007
Note If the program was not installed in the default location, the path of the SBA.exe file will be different.
- Click Microsoft Office Accounting 2009, Microsoft Office Accounting 2008, or Microsoft Office Accounting 2007, and then click OK.
- Click Close.
Method 2: Windows XP
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Folder Options.
- Click the File Types tab,
click OFX Open Financial Exchange File in the Registered file types list, and then click Advanced.
- In the Edit File Type dialog box, click to select the Confirm open after download check box and the Always show extension check box.
- Click OK.